Friday, May 13, 2016

4/18/16 DIVE PROVO, ATELYS, POOL, CAICOS CAFE

4/18/16  Breakfast-another heavenly raspberry jelly donut from the Caicos Bakery and coffee.  Today is Richard's last day of diving with Dive Provo.  He has enjoyed himself and only wished that the visibility was better-like 100'  I do my usual-go with him to the lobby and wait for his pick up.  I wish everyone a great day of diving and then I head back to the condo.  My exciting day starts with doing a load of wash.  It's great having this washer/dryer.












Then I walk over to the Caicos Cafe Plaza to Atelys' store to pick up my jewelry.  I am so happy!  The Salt Cay sea glass necklace is as beautiful as the picture of it I had seen.  She's put all my necklaces on 20" chain instead of the normal 18" that she uses.  My earrings look so nice.  And my TCI necklace-love it.  Then the one for my stepdaughter Arleen.  Love it too.  I ask if she has longer chains.  She can sell me 24" ones so I order 2 of them.  I'll have to return to get them. A lady is there buying several pieces, one of which Atelys forgot to take a picture of for her catalog/inventory.  I take a few pictures of this amber/larimar necklace and tell Atelys that I'll send the pictures to her via e-mail.  Cost for my jewelry $335.00  Quick stop at the Caicos Bakery for a plain croissant and an almond croissant.  Cost $3.90



Atelys' store is located along this side of the Caicos Cafe Plaza

Sign




Cute store


She is so sweet!


My items are packed in these special bags

My Salt Cay sea glass necklace

For my stepdaughter

My stamped necklace with the sea glass wrapped in wireand matching earrings 


The other side of the necklace


Spend the rest of the day at the pool just chilling out and being lazy.  Richard again returns late-around 3:30 with all his gear.  Went to French Cay again.  Sites Double D and Ton of Grunt.  He said Double D had beautiful coral, lion fish, another shark far away-maybe reef shark, turtle.  At Ton of Grunt he saw a spotted moray eel.  It wasn't the best diving or the worst.  Conditions are what they are.  He's glad he did the 4 days.  Said that was just the right amount of time for him.  We stay at the pool until 5:00 pm.





















Lion fish







































Turtle




































Dinner-reservations for 6:30 pm at Caicos Cafe.  This place is already busy. It's not on the beach or set in a lush tropical garden.  It's reputation stands on the quality of the food.  I had read so many positive reviews of this place that I hope my expectations won't be unrealistic.  We are seated at a table directly under this huge tree.  Drinks-Turk's Head amber and Yellow Bird which is indeed yellow.  Has creme de banana, apricot brandy, coconut rum, orange juice, and galliano.  It was almost as good as Somewhere's pina colada!!  A basket of 2 different kinds of breads-very good.  We split the caesar salad-no anchovies.  Richard orders the broiled pork ribs in a jalapeno/honey/paprika/lime/bourbon BBQ sauce.  Comes with coleslaw Caribbean style and potato au gratin.  The plate is so wide-to accommodate those ribs.  Richard said they were the best and only bare bones left.  I know exactly what I want.  I ask if they have orecchiette/spicy sausage.  Our server-Xenia says the pasta is different but everything else is the same.  I order artisan paccheri pasta with sweet and spicy pork sausage, roasted red peppers, zucchini, grape tomatoes, burrata cheese.  It was out of this world amazing.  I wanted to compliment Marco for this fabulous meal but was told he wasn't in and only comes in on Saturdays?  Maybe I didn't understand but any way I told her to tell him how happy we were with our dinner.   My only not so smart choice was dessert-I had to force myself to finish it.  I should have gotten something lighter/less filling.  I had the crostada-a mango and pear tart with vanilla ice cream.  Richard had a scoop of strawberry ice cream.  A 12% service charge is added to the bill.  Cost without extra tip $130.20  What is nice is that the menu has symbols for items that are vegetarian, gluten free, dairy fee, and fresh homemade pasta.  A nice touch.  So far this place is one of our top favorites.





Entrance


Menu











Yellow Bird


2 kinds of bread



Caesar salad

View from our table




BBQ rib slab was huge!

This dish was absolutely delicious-the homemade pasta with sweet & spicy pork sausage

Lights on the tree

Busy



Crostada

Strawberry ice cream







No comments:

Post a Comment