Friday, May 13, 2016

4/9/16 DIVE PROVO, SOME SHOPPING, PIZZA NIGHT AT VIA VENETO

4/9/16  Up at 6:30 am.  Ouch!  Richard's first day of diving with Dive Provo.  Yesterday he completed his paperwork at the DP store and was told he'd be picked up at 8:00 am by OCW lobby.  Enough time for small breakfast of toast, apple, and coffee.  Richard has all his gear together in his mesh bag affixed with the tag given to him by Dive Provo.  His gear will be kept on the boat unless he decides otherwise.  Since his next dive isn't until 4/14 he will bring his snorkel gear back with him.  The van arrives and I take some pictures and wish everyone a great dive day.






I head back to the condo and do a load of wash.  It's really great having the stackable washer & dryer to do this.  I also check for e-mails, etc. on my computer.  Then it's off to the pool for me.  I meet lots of other vacationers and spend several relaxing hours here.  I'm careful to apply sunscreen several times and to use the shade provided by the umbrella.  I also drink the bottle of water I've brought.  Need to stay hydrated.   Around 3:00 pm it starts to rain.  I'm thinking to wait it out but the rain comes down a bit harder.  I decide to head back to the condo and meet my husband walking towards the pool to meet up with me.  We head back to the condo and he tells me about his day.  Because of weather conditions no diving Grace Bay reef area.  The group of 10 divers along with dive masters Katie and Danny go to Northwest Point.  Sites-Eel Garden and Blues Lake.  He said he saw a shark in the distance too far away to catch on his UW camera.  Saw lobster, some nice corals, fish especially a big barracuda and a sting ray.  Snacks provided between dives-fresh fruit and sandwiches.  Plenty of water.  He does not have any of the sandwiches.


OCW pool



UW pictures from diving




































We decide to do some shopping.  At FOTTAC (Flavors of the Turks and Caicos) we purchase 2 bottles of rum-coconut and gold.  Rum cakes.  Barbara Scotch Bonnet sauce.  Turk's Head beer hats.  Cost $95.00  Next Paradise Arts.  Lots of lovely artwork but nothing I can fit in my luggage.  Of course everything I like is too big and too expensive!  Over to the Blue store.  I'm interested in jewelry by Atelys.  They call her for me and I speak to her about the TCI necklace I want her to make.  I will send her an e-mail with specifics and pictures.  We will meet at her store on Monday 4/11.  At Caribbean Outpost there are all sorts of items/souvenirs for sale.  Today I'm only interested in getting a pin which completes my must haves of coffee mug, magnet, and pin.  Cost $5.00  At Dive Provo I buy a long sleeve solar/rash guard shirt as this sun is very hot.  Cost $59.95  Not a bad day for completing my shopping list.



















It is Saturday and this is pizza night at Via Veneto which is located in the Ports of Call plaza up on the 2nd floor.  Opens 5:30 pm  We are the first ones here so receive excellent service!  A table for 2 on the outdoor area overlooking the plaza square.  Drinks-Paradise Punch (spiced & coconut rum/grenadine/blue Curacao/orange & pineapple juice) and Turks Head beer.  Water also to satisfy our thirst.   Only pizza on the menu tonight.  Margherita pizza.  Perfect thin crust, the right balance between the sauce and the cheese.  Yummy!  Baked in the clay oven faster than you can say "mama mia".  No room for dessert but maybe next time.......  10 % service charge added to bill.  Cost without extra tip $50.58












Margherita pizza

Bar

Pizza menu


No comments:

Post a Comment