Friday, May 13, 2016

4/21/16 GIGGLES, FOTTAC, GOING HOME

4/21/16  A bit sad.  Our vacation time is over and we leave today to return home.  Breakfast-eggs with chopped tomatoes and feta cheese, toasted white panini (from Caicos Bakery), coffee.  Load of wash-condo's towels.  Cleaned the condo.  I wrote a note to the condo owner and left it on the dining room table.  Packed.  We have finished just about everything we bought at the Graceway IGA when we first arrived.  Anything that's left we toss in the garbage bin outside the condo.  I take my camera and video camera to record Ocean Club West property-the lobby, pool, beach, tennis courts, bikes.  Then I do the same for our condo rental unit.  Good memories.  We are going to leave our packed bags inside the condo like the owner said we could.  We leave as the cleaning lady arrives right on time 11:00 am.

Bicycles for guests


Books and DVDs as well as pamphlets for local vendors

Computers

Free coffee for guests

Lobby seating

Lobby/reception



Coconuts


Pool





Grills











Hammock by the beach

Shoe rack by the beach

Towels

Security on property


Loungers and umbrellas for guests 

Still choppy/rough





Walking along the beach




Sea grass washed up on the beach
























Seaside Restaurant










One of the parking areas

Lobby drive up

Lobby/reception entrance


OCW tennis courts





We drive to Giggles.  Ice cream and candy store we never got to visit.  There are so many neat flavors of ice cream and the topping choices......  We each have a small 6 oz. container of ice cream.  Grapnut for Richard, kahlua almond fudge for me.  OMG this is better than Melt!  My ice cream has gobs of almonds, fudge chocolate pieces.   Cost $11.50  This store also sells candy and boy, is there a lot to chose from here.  Wish I had stopped here sooner.  Then it's over to FOTTAC to see if they have gotten any dry spice in and they have!  I buy 2 pakgs. of the dry spice rub and 1 pkg. of sundried tomato salt.  Cost $30.00  Back to the condo to get our bags and the owner is there helping the cleaning lady.  Some new people are arriving this afternoon to stay in her condo.  Richard finally gets to meet her.  We exchange hugs.  I tell her how much we enjoyed staying in her condo.  She is such a nice person.  If we were to return to Provo we would definitely want to stay here again.  We were extremely comfortable here and loved Ocean Club West.  She helps me find my missing pool float that I had bought at Target, brought here with us, but never used!





Superman ice cream!!

I'll have 1 scoop of everything!







Candy!!








I'm in heaven-my kahlua almond fudge ice cream 

Richard's grapenut ice cream

Yummy!


Toppings

More toppings

Candy

More candy 




FOTTAC dry spices




Danny Buoy's is a popular place


Bags in the car and we're off to the airport.  Our flight departs at 3:35 pm but we'd like to be at the airport around 1:30 pm to return the car, get through security, etc.  On the way we stop at a gas station to fill the tank.  Cost $35.01  This is only the 2nd time we've bought gas.  Total spent was $50.01 and we have put on 352 miles.  Bye bye roundabouts!!  We make good time and get to the airport ahead of schedule.  Easy to drive and park the car in the lot right by the Grace Bay Car Rental office.  A guy walks around the car and checks that the tank is full.  He tells us we're good to go.  We have had such a great experience with our character car and this rental agency.  Wouldn't rent from anyone else.  There is a line to check our bags and only 1 agent for regular ticketed passengers so it moves slowly.  At least it's got A/C in the building, not like when we arrived.  Then more staff appears and before long, we are checking our 2 bags.  Cost $50.00  The guy weighs Richard's bag and it's under 50 lbs.  Then he weighs mine which is smaller and the scale shows 55 lbs.  I freak out and then he laughs and said he was playing with me.  I told him he almost gave an old lady a heart attack!  My bag is at 37 lbs.   We walk over to the security line.  Security takes just minutes.  Maybe 10 minutes in line??  A breeze.  Then it's over to the gate area.  I sneak a picture of the departure board.  AA# 880.  We sit down, decide not to go up to the 2nd floor but I do check out this ground floor.  I buy a bottle of water.   Cost $2.50  Before too much time has passed our flight is called.



Arriving at the airport

Pulling in to the parking lot

Grace Bay Car Rentals office

Airport


Our flight is AA#880 departing 3:35 pm heading to Charlotte, NC and is on time


We are on our way.  I get some good pictures of Provo as we are in the air.  Sad to be leaving but also ready to be home.  Refreshments like the flights arriving.  Coke and biscotti.  Take a few pictures as we approach/arrive in Charlotte.  Arrive on time at 6:40 pm in Charlotte.  Enough time to get to next gate.  Take few pictures.  AA #1885 departs 8:15 pm.  Refreshments-tomato juice and pretzels.  Even though I am wearing my compression stockings under my socks, have gotten up to walk, done the foot exercises at my seat, my feet are swollen and extremely sore.  I am really in pain.  It hurts so much and these are short flights!  Because it is so dark I don't take any pictures as we approach/arrive in Buffalo.  I am so happy when we land in Buffalo a bit early at 9:45 pm.  We call ALOFT from the airport and the shuttle is already here.  He's waiting to take Jet Blue airline staff over to the hotel but has room for us.  This driver sounds exactly like John Goodman.  He helps putting the bags into the shuttle and then takes them out when he drops us off by our car.  I give him a $5 tip.  On the way home we stop at Tim Horton's for 2 donuts and a bagel for our breakfast tomorrow.  Drive through Wendy's I get a cheeseburger and cherry coke as I'm so hungry.  We arrive home before midnight.  I'm exhausted and will deal with unpacking much later!
































So pretty

Approaching Charlotte


Charlotte skyline

Our flight is AA#1885 departing 8:15 pm to Buffalo and is on time

2 comments:

  1. Amazing that people your age could be so active. I am 58 and hope by the time I am your ages I can be so active. Your give all septuagenarians a good name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words. We try to be as active as we can. You only live once and there's just so much of life to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete